Would you be willing to leave everything you built because you discovered your business is harming the planet–and then build something new as part of the solution?
Susan Correa, Founder/CEO of art & eden (organic, eco-friendly, and ethical children’s clothing brand offering an affordable selection of organic cotton clothing for kids and babies) joins Julie Chan in the MouthMedia Network studio powered by Sennheiser.
In this episode:
- The inspiration for art & eden – how Susan was building and leading two multi-million dollar companies – but in her personal life was searching for deeper meaning
- Asking what is the compelling reason to exist, and how do you bring that to market?
- Looking at the ecological impact of every part of your business from manufacturing to sourcing to packaging, from conventional to organic
- Why she went into infant and baby-wear
- The unfolding of many serendipitous moments
- Why her best decision was surviving an early test to launch a medical program
- How a tiny brand new brand got many amazing collaborations, and many recognitions
- A business built to care
- Allowing the rational brain to analyze a chance to make something work that doesn’t swing the financial situation in a bad way
- An intuitive reading including images reminiscent of Georgia O‘Keefe, a flower, a beacon of light, the eye catching not just a light