Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:13:09 — 85.2MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS
Acupuncturist, herbalist and women’s health & fertility expert, Aimee Raupp…
Aimee Raupp joins Julie Chan in front of a live audience at Coresight Research to explore how to radically shift your body’s health, deal with autoimmune diseases, and address fertility issues. This is one of several episodes on the topic of pregnancy.
In this episode:
- Why Julie was inspired to reach out to Aimee, how she came in with fear about having a baby, had a lot of beliefes that she was physicaly weak
- Julie was seeking positive stories, saw something more than that, and can counter engrained beliefs
- How Aimee wanted to be a medical doctor, with an undergraduate in biology
- Not getting into medical school the first time she applied, scoring low on her MCATS, and was traumatzied by that, and how this led her on a path
- Discovering her new path through series of synchronistic events
- Meeting people who were involved with acupuncture
- An “aha” moment
- Meeting a Chinese herbalist
- How Chinese medicine school felt natural for her to learn
- How acupuncture and diet and lifestyle and meditiation and mindfulness all work together
- Going into private practice
- No fear can be ignited when pregnant and post pregnant, can catch fear, energies vulnerable
- How our thoughts impact and dictate physiology
- When we’re not believing in ourselves
- How ideas can impact how your body responds
- How we attack ourselves emotionally the can make your body attack itself
- Autoimmune conditions
- “I am my illness”
- How you decide to support and nourish yourself supports that cellular renewal, don’t look back and beat yourself up, just accept this is where you are at
- Epigenetics, and how just because you have predisposition you can question and massage them by diet and lifestyle and a conversation with yourself, supporting yourself more than beating yourself up
- Cellular misidentification vs. Emotional misidentification – – slowly giving up parts of ourselves, prioritizing other people ahead of ourselves
- Ask yourself – how can I better nourish you?
- Our we living in stress hormones in places like NYC?
- What will happen when you start living a more loving thought?
- Inflammation will go down, will feel less under attack
- The route of self love, looking for ways to enjoy the experience you are in
- Inflexibility in women is an issue
- Compassion and kindness
- Aimee’s own stories of stress related eczema
- Listening to the screaming going on “on the inside”
- Finding belief, and a story of hope
- Paying attention to cues and triggers that create physicological symptoms
- Making a list of positive things to deal with difficult relationships
Aimee Raupp, MS, LAc, is a renowned women’s health & wellness expert and the author of the books Chill Out & Get Healthy, Yes, You Can Get Pregnant, and Body Belief. A licensed acupuncturist and herbalist in private practice in New York, she holds a Master of Science degree in Traditional Oriental Medicine from the Pacific College of Oriental Medicine and a Bachelor’s degree in biology from Rutgers University. Aimee is also the founder of the Aimee Raupp Beauty line of hand-crafted, organic skincare products. She has appeared on The View, and has been featured in Glamour, Allure, Well + Good, GOOP, Shape, and Redbook, and has received endorsement from Deepak Chopra, Arianna Huffington, Dr. Christiane Northrup, and Gabby Bernstein for her work in helping thousands of women to improve their vitality, celebrate their beauty, and reconnect to the presence of their optimal health. Aimee is also an active columnist and blogger for Thrive Global, Acupuncture Today, MindBodyGreen, WellRounded NY, and Motherly, and is a frequent speaker at women’s health & wellness conferences across the nation. She engages her large community worldwide through her online programs and with her website, www.aimeeraupp.com.